Bidwell Henderson Costs Consultants are a fast growing, award winning Costs Drafting Company. We are seeking 6x Experienced Legal Aid Law Costs Draftsmen with Legal Aid Billing and/or Processing experience to join our rapidly expanding exceptional team.
A considerable amount of the work we produce is legally aided. We offer our solicitor clients a full service and undertake all legal aid work.
This is an excellent opportunity if you want to work with an experienced and friendly team who are committed to growth and new opportunities. If you are enthusiastic about costs and you want to provide an excellent service and be part of building something special, this is the job for you.
We are continually investing in our infrastructure, team, marketing strategies and our resources. There will be progression opportunities available for the right candidates.
The two key skills we are looking for candidates to demonstrate are accuracy of work and enthusiasm.
We are looking for Legal Aid Cost Draftsmen who will undertake responsibilities such as:
- Preparing detailed bills of costs for court assessment
- Preparing xml e-bills through CostsMaster for uploading into CCMS
- Analysing files and preparing advice on compliance with Legal Aid Agency regulations and guidance
- Prepare high costs case plans and CCFS plans
- Swiftly deal with client enquiries
- Maintain and promote relationships with clients
- Prioritise urgent work and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise our work above any other work
- Legal aid billing, drafting or processing experience
- CostsMaster experience
- Ability to regularly check your own work and provide a high standard of accuracy
- Great organisation skills
- Good Keyboard, IT and communication skills
What we offer:
- Excellent fee structure
- Full flexibility without any targets
- Complete data protection set up including case management system, virtual secretary, storage and IT
- Administration and accounts officers
- Free courier deliveries and collections to your home office
- Resources and support
- Work delivered as and when convenient to you
- Workload-based on your preferences for the type of cases you enjoy the most
- Cover for holidays and days not working
- Training, refreshers and seminars
How to apply:
Send your covering letter explaining why you are suited to this position and your CV either via the application box below or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual open day:
We are holding a Virtual Recruitment Open Day on the 15th January from 10am to 1pm.
On the day we will discuss what we do and how we do it. We will be talking to our Directors, Training Manager and Apprentices. After each section there is time for Question and Answers which can be directed at the people who are currently live. Below is the link to book the tickets to participate.