Bidwell Henderson Costs Consultants are an award winning Legal Costs Consultancy providing billing and processing services to solicitors firms. A considerable amount of the work we produce is funded by the legal aid agency. We work on high profile and extremely important files such as domestic abuse, children being taken in to care, homelessness, judicial review and child abduction. The job we offer could be described as a legal accountant. We extract information from our solicitor client’s files to ensure we help them maximise their costs recovery and we need to accurately predict future work which is then subject to a costs cap. We are involved in researching complex areas of law and we have a bird’s eye view of how cases are run. Our firm wants to be the first choice for costs drafting and legal services.
Why this job?
We are offering a professional legal job, with full training, which has an interesting and diverse caseload. We invest in great people, great training and great systems. We offer excellent uncapped earning potential after your year of training. Having a degree is not essential as a full training programme will be provided. You will go through the training programme completing all of the sessions on our training platform and then you are tasked with completing mock files before moving on to live files. All live files will go through a checking process until you are, something that we call, signed off.
The job involves preparing accurate legal documents, drafting statements, meeting deadlines, predicting future work, researching and providing advice. This is a virtual or office-based job without face to face meetings or the need to attend court. It would suit someone keen to undertake legal work and provide written advice without being client facing. Progression opportunities will be available for the right candidate at this award-winning and expanding firm.
We are looking for a trainee who will undertake responsibilities such as:
- Preparing legal forms and detailed bills of solicitors legal costs
- Manage a caseload of work
- Prepare documents
- Analysing files and preparing advice on compliance with Legal Aid Agency regulations and guidance
- Update case management software
- Swiftly deal with client queries
- Maintain and promote relationships with clients
- Ability to prioritise urgent work and meet deadlines
- GCSE grades C (or equivalent) and above in English and Maths
- Excellent IT skills
- Motivated team player who can work use their own initiative when required
- Ability to regularly check your own work and provide a high standard of accuracy and precision
- Great organisation skills
- Good Keyboard and communication skills
If this is a job for you, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or if you have any questions or queries email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chelsea Allcock, Marketing and Recruitment Assistant on 03333 441 654